New Business Item 3 (2019)Defeated
To work toward the goal of making every educator a great educator, NEA will promote the inclusion of the Five Core Propositions of National Board Certification in all teacher preparation programs and inservice trainings:
1. Commitment to students and their learning;
2. Knowledge of their subjects and how to teach them to their students;
3. Responsibility for managing and monitoring student learning;
4. Thinking systematically about their practice and learning from experience;
5. Engagement in professional learning communities.
Every student across the nation deserves to have an excellent teacher. Regular professional development should be focused on the Five Core Propositions of National Board Certification in order to ensure quality teacher development based on researched teaching practices.
Tammy Smith - AK
This item can be accomplished with current staff and resources under the proposed Modified 2019-2020 Strategic Plan and Budget at no additional cost.