Caucus and Council Meetings
- Caucuses will be meeting throughout June. Click here to see the latest meeting schedule.
- The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) will hold its annual summer meeting on Friday, June 25, 3-5pm EDT. NEA members interested in higher education issues may click here to request meeting details.
Submission of Business Items
The Committee on Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules is accepting delegate submissions of amendments to the NEA Legislative Program, Resolutions, and Policy Statements, and amendments to items already submitted, for consideration at the 2021 virtual Representative Assembly. Click here or the link above to submit items. All items must be submitted via this link. Only delegates to the 2021 RA may submit items. The deadlines are as follows:
- Deadline for delegate submission of New Business Items: This deadline has passed. No new NBIs can be submitted at this time.
- Deadline for NBI makers to submit modifications if needed: 4:00 pm (EDT), June 25, 2021
- Deadline for delegate submission of amendments to the NEA Legislative Program, Resolutions, and Policy Statements: 4:00 pm (EDT), June 30 (NEA Legislative Program, Policy Statements, and Resolutions Information are posted below under “2021 RA Agenda Items”)
- Deadline for delegates to submit amendments to any proposed items: noon (EDT) on the day the item is to be debated.
Submitted items will be available for delegate review under the RA business page once they are processed.
Questions can be directed to the NEA Committee on Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules.
Delegate Newsletters and RA Today Newspapers
Committee on Equity and Ethnic Harmony
The NEA Committee on Equity and Ethnic Harmony (CEEH) has as its charge to review discriminatory allegations involving NEA delegates and make recommendations to the NEA President to expedite the resolution of such matters. Delegates are asked to fill out and submit this Discriminatory Incident Form to report a discriminatory incident that occurs during the Representative Assembly. Should you have any issues with the form, please email RJEOperations@nea.org.
Pre-RA Town Halls and Open Hearings – Delegate Registration via Cvent
- Delegate Town Hall: June 9 (click for recording of the event)
- Delegate Town Hall: June 21
- Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules Hearing: June 22
- Resolutions Hearing: June 23
- Legislative Hearing: June 24
- Strategic Plan and Budget Hearing: June 28
2021 RA Agenda Items
- Constitution and Bylaw Amendments
- 2021-2022 Modified Strategic Plan and Budget
- Legislative Program
- Policy Statements
- Resolutions Summary of Winter Committee Actions
- Final Report of the Resolutions Committee (posted on June 29)
2021 Information Items
- Reports of Committees 2020-2021 (coming soon)
- NEA Media Fund Report
- NEA Great Public Schools Fund
- NEA Fund – PAC Information
NEA Governing Documents and Policies
2021 Candidates for Executive Committee
The 2021 Representative Assembly will elect two seats on the Executive Committee.
(Listed in filing order)
- Matthew Powell
- Ronald “Duff” Martin
- Gladys Marquez
- Michael Wesley, Jr.
- Mark Airgood
- Tania Kappner
2021 Candidates for At-Large Board Seats
The 2021 Representative Assembly will elect three at-large members to the NEA Board representing Education Support Professionals — two 3-year seats and one 2-year seat; and one alternate at-large member representing Education Support Professionals (3-year seat).The filing deadline has now passed. As the number of candidates equals the number of seats available in each category, the following candidates will be deemed elected by acclimation.
Candidates for 3-Year Seats
Candidate for 2-Year Seat
Candidate for Alternate
Election Forms and Candidate Resources
Candidates for Executive Committee (Filing deadline April 15, 2021)
Candidates for At-Large Board Positions (Filing deadline, 4:00 pm eastern time, June 15, 2021)
- Filing Forms:
- Biographical statement form
- Nominator form
- Preliminary Expense form
- Observer form
- Final expense form
Candidates for Executive Committee (2022; Filing deadline April 15, 2022, however, candidates wishing to be announced at the conclusion of the 2021 RA must file by noon on July 3, 2021):
Candidates may file for two seats on the NEA Executive Committee to be elected at the 2022 Representative Assembly. To file, please complete the filing form and bio form provided in the link below and email to the NEA Center for Governance.
NEA Resolutions Committee
- Election of Resolutions Committee Members: Key Considerations
- Role and Responsibilities of Resolutions Committee Members: Talking Points for Delegation Chairs and Member Constituency Leaders
- Certificate of Election – Resolutions Committee Member and/or Resolutions Committee Alternate